What's new
What's new

Shaper owners

shaperhaven

Cast Iron
I would like to know how many shaper & planer owners are on pm and, how many shapers & planers do you own. Brand , stroke, standard or universial , age , etc Thank you Shaperhaven

I am picking up a very clean SB 7 tomorrow. It was a University machine and has been sitting unused pretty much since day one. I can't wait to hear the music it makes.

1958 8" Logan
1884 patent date 12" Gould & Eberhardt
1884 15" Juengst & Sons
5" Boynton (before Boynton & Plummer)
1880's 7" Hewes & Phillips
10" Lewis.

Irby

P.S. You didn't ask about planers, but since you've mentioned you like shapers and planers, I'll list those too.
1910 36" Schneider & Goosmann
1870's (?) 6' D. Chamberlain.

Last edited:
I have a 10" Lewis shaper and an 8" unknown maker shaper I recently sold (new owner needs to pick it up)
Shepard, Lathe and Co. Planer (48" platen), 1850's-1860's
Putnam planer (40" platen), 1870's-1880's

I also have a 10" Lewis with vise, and a 16" Stockbridge. The Lewis needs a stand and a drive (the one that came with it was pretty well cobbled) while the Stockbridge needs a good rebuild.

I'd be interested in seeing photos of other Lewises, if you guys have any.

Doc.

24" Cinci

I've got a 1941 24" Cinncinati Heavy Duty with a universal table out of the Ford Rouge Plant.

Fellow member Dave Garvin did a very nice job repairing and repainting it before I got it from him. :D

Last edited:
7" Rhoades, gave $100. Came from OSU engineering lab which makes it golden here around Columbus. Ser# 864 or so looks like a 1916 model with 1/2 the ser#, don't know how old actually is.

I have a 16" PREMA and a 7" AMMCo. I had (and sold) an 1880's Hewes & Phillips, a turn of the century 14" G&E, and another AMMCo (the Delta badged version).
Andy

Drummond manual shaper, about 6", about 100 yrs old.
AMMCO 6", early below-bench table height adjustment.
Semi-seriously hunting for a 12" with a universal table and vise: Hendey?

I had a 16" Whipp shaper I had to move out for lack of room but now have an Atlas 7B that does a fine job. I don't work metal for a living anymore so am not in much of a hurry. But any excuse I can find to use the shaper is part of a good day, here.

Back