What's new
What's new

Shaper and Planner

ctshoebox

Plastic
Have aquired Hendey Shaper and Pratt&Whitney Planner, both are gear and rack, line shaft driven and I think in restorable condition. I would like to know more about them if anyone knows where I can research? Free to good home. In central CT, still on trailer. 860-529-2702 after 5p.m.- Thanks, Seb.

I emailed Mike Morgan your link here since he posted somewhere that wanted a planer.

I guess he never read that email either :)

Seb,
Mike seems to be a little hard to reach these days since he's had his share of problems. I've talked to Mike thru Emails.
I was just curious about the planner since I have a P&W planer 16"x48"? I was looking for a picture or two of the sides to see if I can find all the pieces that go to my "planer kit".
Ben

Ben: I don't think what I had was 16' x 48'but like 16' [or hair more] by about 30'..this is table size..lot of linkage is missing but the fellow I gave it to says its in Rogers book and seems to be Prior to 1880!! Seb.

Seb,
That was a monster,my little planer would fit on the bed and be like a pea in the bottom of a 55gal drum! Way too big for me to get home from up there. I have a New Haven planer with a 24"x 7' bed, it's from around the turn of the century. If the guy ever gets the planer running maybe he could post a picture or two.
Ben

Back