What's new
What's new

Sheldon 12" Shaper In PA School Auction

Why does somebody always steal the vice?

Why do they do anything else?

Vise came with my one. Suits its host as it was meant to do. Not much use, any other purpose.

Vise rich to the point of Viceroy here, yet no OTHER vise type or size I own would work worth spit on the tiny Sheldon table. Awkward as hell to even attach.

JMNSHO, that's more of a barrier to purchase than it might be on a shaper twice the size.

Otherwise my one came out of an Ohio school system and has very little wear. I doubt they were all that popular, any school, so the provenance could be a plus as to low wear here as well.

Ooooh. Was that YOUR secret? Gonna loose $5.00 now when you try to turn it over on eBay for $1000? Sorry.

If you've looked around the place before posting, it's considered poor practice
to post about such "Steals", sometimes, a member is bidding.

I wasn't going to re-sell, nor take a needle scaler to the thing....:nutter:

Well, I'm happy to do it, just like you are happy to tell people what they shouldn't do. Sometimes a member might want one to use, but doesn't know about it being available. Like a final auction price for a shaper is EVER not a steal! The 20" Hendey in Maine went for a whole $320 and the 36" Cincinnati in Seattle, $360. even after everyone knew about them.

You don't make any sense and it is time for you to grow up. What if no one knows about it and it goes for scrap. If that wooden bed lathe from 1833, that I saved, was not posted here it might not have gotten any bids and it was going to be cut up and destroyed. Posting auctions here is a good thing.

Last edited:
Well, I might have been interested, but now that you blathered it on
"The largest machining forum on the planet"....:nutter:

Thanx for nuthin':
The Black Crowes - Oh Sweet Nuthin' - YouTube

You can't be serious?

A Google - just now - on "sheldon shaper" comes back with:

About 302,000 results (0.41 seconds)

PM shows up third and fourth down. With YEARS ago rebuilds. Not this one.

THIS thread hasn't even made "Page One" yet.

Nor page two. Nor page three.. at which point I quit even looking.
Metal shapers, after all, are not one of PM leadership's favourite animals anyway.

And, of course, the whole rest of the world didn't shut-down and go HIDE stuff just because PM exists.

ANYBODY.. trying to SELL anything.. tends to try to "advertise" that, yah?

Just Deal With That.

The 20" Hendey in Maine went for a whole $320 and the 36" Cincinnati in Seattle, $360.
Yeah, rub it in.................I just can't talk myself into dragging that Cincinatti 2000 miles..............plus having to figure out what to exile out of the shop to mak e room for it
a

Back