What's new
What's new

Sidney lathe parts

timekiller

Stainless
Flipped a Sidney of Ohio lathe (17” swing over ways x 54” between chuck and tailstock, headstock has 1-5/8” through hole) breaking carriage hand wheels, gear shifting handles and quick change gear box. Have 17” face plate, 14” 4 jaw chuck, and steady rest.

Anyone needing gears or other items send me a message of what you need or want. Will be going to scrap yard in future.

Ray

What type of mount on the 4-jaw?

It is a thread on chuck haven’t measured yet. Guessing about 3.5”. Will try to get done this afternoon. It is a plane back chuck with adapter. From patina would guess original equipment, or at least very old. Used slotted head bolts.

Ray

Spindle Appears to be 3.5” x 5.3tpi. My plastic calipers lack precision. And best measurement on thread pitch is three threads in 9/16” converts to 5.312 tpi

Ray

Sorry about the crash.

I'm in Huntsville, but I don't think I could use any parts off it, different version. What year is it? 30s?

Need for the Steady Rest

Flipped a Sidney of Ohio lathe (17” swing over ways x 54” between chuck and tailstock, headstock has 1-5/8” through hole) breaking carriage hand wheels, gear shifting handles and quick change gear box. Have 17” face plate, 14” 4 jaw chuck, and steady rest.

Anyone needing gears or other items send me a message of what you need or want. Will be going to scrap yard in future.

Ray

1st post here so excuse me if I'm doing it wrong please....
I'm interested in the Steady Rest from that old Sidney but mine is a 16". Get back to me so we can measure a few things on the Rest.
Thanks
Lunker10

Hello Lurker10, cleaned out some of my private messages so should be able to communicate there if needed, however information may be useful for others. Ask away.

Ray

My Old Sidney 16 Steady Rest info

Hello Lurker10, cleaned out some of my private messages so should be able to communicate there if needed, however information may be useful for others. Ask away.

Ray

Hey Ray, My Chuck Centerline is 9",the Bed rails between the "V-Way" and the Flat opening is 7". The elevation between that Flat and the top of the "V" is 0.432".
Do you think the Steady Rest you have will fit or close enough that I can modify it?
Also interested in the 14" Chuck that you have.
BTW, mine is circa 1940. I even have the original owners manual with all the fold out drawings of all the components. I was surprised that they were on a "Scroll" with a heading, Hear Ye, Hear Ye! :scratchchin:

Is there a more fluid way for us to communicate thru this forum? Phone or email???

Thanks again,
Randy (Lunker10)

Hi,

Side topic.

Looking to build or buy reproduction of Barnes no. 3 velocipede wood cutting lathe or any parts to recreate one. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has access to parts.

Word on the street is Timekiller, you may have some parts. I am very interested in purchasing some if you have any on hand.

Thank you

Back