What's new
What's new

Small Hendey Tie Bar lathe wanted

Hit Miss Engine

Cast Iron
I am looking for a small Tie bar Hendey 12”.. I am in Pennsylvania so obviously the closer to me the better. Any help is greatly appreciated. George

I am looking for a small Tie bar Hendey 12”.. I am in Pennsylvania so obviously the closer to me the better. Any help is greatly appreciated. George

I got a 12 x 6 tie bar fixer upper for sale $500. Comes with some tooling, collet drawbar/nosepiece, steady rest, etc. I'm 60 miles from PA east on I84. Check out my posts if that sounds like something you might be interested in. I can have a friend load it for you. I think he'd charge around $150.

Steel,
Thank you for letting me know about your Hendey. I am however looking for something in a little nicer shape that is ready to put to work. Thanks again. George

I have two tiebar 14X 6 in Michigan if youd be interested
Steelfronts,
Thank you for letting me know about your lathe ... I do want to stick with a 12” because of its size and the location I plan on putting it... A 12 x 5 would be perfect. I have an 18” Tie Bar Hendey in my big shop. Thanks George

I’ve got what I would call a parts machine in northeast Ohio... it’s complete, but rough. If you need anything from it or the whole machine keep me in mind.

Salem,
Thank you for sharing... That lathe would be a perfect fit but like you mentioned a bit far. I have on many occasion spent way more on getting a machine or engine home than it’s actually worth...

There's a Fastenal in Hermiston, OR... I don't know if you have one near you, but Fastenal is a cheap and effective way to ship machines of this size. Just sayin'.

I use Fastenal allot and they never disappoint on price... my biggest problem is finding sellers willing to go through the hassle of bolting things to a skid or building a crate and delivering it to their local Fastenal... I often wonder how some people end up with large pieces of iron on their property.. I always meet people that have no means of moving or loading.

There's a 12x30 gearhead in Philly listed on eNay.
Even if its' not the tiebar of your dreams, its still a testament to how much 'arn you can get nowadays for your dollar.

Back