What's new
What's new

Small old horizontal milling machine?

1BadDart

Plastic
I recently purchased this small mill, it has no identifying marks anywhere that I've found. As seen in the photos it's a small flat belt drive with a back gear setup pretty much like my 9" South Bend lathe. I don't know if the motor and brackets are original to the machine or not. If not whoever designed and made it did a fine job. The table is 24 3/4" x 6 7/8" and the spindle appears to be a 3MT.

It needs a good cleaning but it runs fine and smooth. If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I would like to find a arbor for it as all that came with it was milling cutter holders.

Thanks, Justin

I've tried loading the images but for some reason it won't download them, it's taken one. I resized them to where they are well under the max size.

Attachments

• IMG_3857 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3857 - Copy.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 235
Thanks John, it may very well be a B&S. It came with three 3MT tool holders and I have a new one for my lathe. I took a piece of plasti gauge and laid it along the length of my new tool holder and installed it in the machine, then removed it. The plasti gauge was uniform along the length. Without pouring it for a plug that's the only way I knew to get close. Not very scientific I know.

Thanks, Justin

I still can't load more images. :angry:

1BadDart emailed me the images, here they are:

MXYZOsv.jpg

FAcaU2m.jpg

VQ1y5Ct.jpg

baW4Whn.jpg

IgzMdxk.jpg

mWY1nwN.jpg

Back