What's new
What's new

Small Stevens Surface Gauge

CWC(4)

Cast Iron
Here's a duplicate & uncommon early Stevens surface gauge I came across and would like to sell. There was a recent discussion about these earlier Stevens surface gauges that a quick search might find.
In that thread (and here as well), I posted a picture of the one I have in my collection.
This is a second/extra one that came out of what was probably the original owner's (Vetter) tool box.
This one has a couple of minor issues. One being the owners name etched into the side of the base, and a small crack in the "waisted" area of the top lock nut (arrow) but is quite usable as is.
Didn't think to put something in the photo for a size reference, but these are quite small, base measures only
1" x 1 7/8".
I would like to get $45. for it, which would include 1st class shipping. Sorry, no paypal, check or money order is fine.

IMG_7396.jpgStevens Surface Gauge 002.jpgStevens Surface Gauge 001.JPGStevens Surface Gauge 005.JPGStevens Surface Gauge 007.jpg

I'm re-listing this scarce little surface gauge.
Apparently a full month is not enough time to get a check to me & I've heard enough song and dance, so it's still for sale.

I understand your re-listing it, but just to let everyone know, there has been a slight delay in sending the Second check, (that I admit), but no song or dance whatsoever.

I did send you a check by first class mail when I said I did (within 2 days of the first post)

Two weeks of the delay was because YOU were away, and we did not know it was not delivered, so not on me at all.

I have a track record here of honorable conduct both buying and selling, and I stand by that.

There is no way whatsoever I would jerk anyone around over a 50 surface gauge when I’m busting my ass trying to finish a 35,000.00 custom table.

It is unfortunate this has transpired in this manner, and I do apologize for the delay in sending the second check, But after the first one getting lost, I wasn’t going to just drop it in the mail, and havnt made it to the post office to send it Registered.

No hard feelings, and please destroy the ck if it does ever show up. ( a stop action would cost me 25 ) I trust you, thanks

hey Buck I will, (after running it by all parties). I'm just doing the metal parts, most of it is wood, just a modest 38" X 125" dining table for someones little Manhattan hideaway, haha! ( and you know, that's not even considered expensive in this market..)

Yes I did go away for 10 days to help settle my fathers estate, but the gauge should have been shipped in the week before I left.
Yes I was gone for 10 days. But in the 2 weeks since I have been back, you've told me numerous times that you were putting a check in the mail and by your own admission, you STILL have not.
Sorry I got impatient, I guess a month is not nearly enough time.

Back