What's new
What's new

Is this a smallest and unusual fishing tackle or lure making tool or a machine?

Romak

Aluminum
Dear engineers.

In one of my friend's antique store, there is an interesting device. He is saying that this is a tool or machine used for making a fishing tackle or lure. Twisting? No crank or handle? There are a clamp and a pulley. I think it looks more like a fishing reel. Do you know by any chance what this might be?

Thank you!

IMG_4848.jpg
IMG_4849.jpg
IMG_4850.jpg
IMG_4851.jpg

It looks like a sewing machine bobbin winder.They were mounted on the back of the table on the right side and ran off a small belt from the machine.

^^^ Yup. This one's probably an old Singer. Sometime around WW2 the stamped sheet metal ones became the norm, so this was likely before then. The round belt pulley likely puts it even earlier. They'll work with many different makes/models so long as the bobbin fits the shaft and the sheet-metal tab fits the bobbin's ID.

Dear engineers.

In one of my friend's antique store, there is an interesting device. He is saying that this is a tool or machine used for making a fishing tackle or lure. Twisting? No crank or handle? There are a clamp and a pulley. I think it looks more like a fishing reel. Do you know by any chance what this might be?

Thank you!

View attachment 274791
View attachment 274792
View attachment 274793
View attachment 274794

You really need to get a new friend.....:D

Ha, ha! Thank you! I love all of the comments. I actually woke up in the morning with the thought it was something that rather belonging to a sewing machine than fishing. The paint tells also that you guys were on the right way.

So the question is, How are you going to use it? I am trying to think how I might incorporate this into something but I am coming up blank after flag hoist. Unless you modify the split end where the bobbin goes to turn it into a clamp to hold a hook. Then it "could" be very nice for tying dry flies! Especially if you could get a fat rubber o-ring shape to fit over the pulley end!

d56aef70-7698-4a19-b99d-5c2ec2a43187.jpg

Back