What's new
What's new

Smith & Mills 20" shaper info wanted

682bear

Aluminum
I have just acquired a 20" Smith & Mills shaper... I don't know when it was manufactured, but I'm guessing it would be one of the later ones.

The main drive motor is a 5hp GE 220/440v 3 phase... currently wired for 440v. The rapid traverse motor is significantly smaller, but the data plate is missing from it, so I have no information on whether it is a single phase, 3 phase, hp rating, etc...

Some of this info I can probably figure out after I get into the electrical system, but I was hoping someone here has a 20" S & M and could provide me with this info... or a picture of the data plate would be great...

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info available for this machine, so I know this is a long shot...

20211023_141800.jpg

Thanks- Bear

Never mind... I took the cover off the electrical enclosure and found that the PO had put the data plate off the smaller motor in there so it wouldn't be lost.

It is a 1 hp Howell 220/440 3 phase...

Thanks anyway!

-Bear

Never mind... I took the cover off the electrical enclosure and found that the PO had put the data plate off the smaller motor in there so it wouldn't be lost.

It is a 1 hp Howell 220/440 3 phase...

Thanks anyway!

-Bear

lol, I do stuff like that to myself. Mix of relief and frustration when I do finally find that thing that "needs a special place so it will not get lost".

Back