What's new
What's new

So I came across an old Wagner Induction motor

Tannersdad

Plastic
This thing ways a ton! I would like to know how old it is, and what it may be worth. I know it runs because it powered an old air handling unit at work. The air handler was replaced with a new one, but the old one was abandoned in place to save the cost of removing it. I tried to research it online and came up with nothing. So here is what is on the tag:

Wagner Induction Motor
Design B
Type DP1
Frame 254U
Model 254-11500-05
HP 7.5
RPM 1750
Phase 3
CY 60
Volts 208
Amp 21
Code G
CONT.
NO. ABK3U5162

Thanks for any input.

This thing ways a ton! I would like to know how old it is, and what it may be worth. I know it runs because it powered an old air handling unit at work. The air handler was replaced with a new one, but the old one was abandoned in place to save the cost of removing it. I tried to research it online and came up with nothing. So here is what is on the tag:

Wagner Induction Motor
Design B
Type DP1
Frame 254U
Model 254-11500-05
HP 7.5
RPM 1750
Phase 3
CY 60
Volts 208
Amp 21
Code G
CONT.
NO. ABK3U5162

Thanks for any input.

A 7.5 hp used motor is generally worthless unfortunatly.
$2. Per pound for the stripped and burned copper.

frames with the "u" designation are long obsolete frame sizes.
If you have need for a motor, friend or farmer give it to them for a 6pack or a favour.

The electric motor repair shop I previously managed would not bother looking at one.
Only exception is a plant that has installed it and could not fit a modern motor due to space constraints.

"Almost" worthless..... it will make an RPC, or it certainly will run something if it is in working order. Someone may pay something for it, you will not get rich from it..

"Obsolete frame size" is not important other than in the case where it is too big to fit. Otherwise it is just a perfectly good 7.5 HP motor. Since frame size includes shaft dimension, it might need a pulley bored to fit, or the like....

Thanks guys! Not really looking to sell it, but I was just curious how old and if was worth anything. It already does have a dual pulley on the shaft and a mounting plate that lets you adjust belt tension. Thanks so much for the info though. Is there a way to determine how old it is?

Back