What's new
What's new

Spencer Type A boiler doors

Zach615

Plastic
I saved these from the old Sears and Roebuck building that is unfortunately being turned into hipster apartments. I am a sprinkler guy and since the pipes are as old as the building (1940s or 50s) all the sprinkler head, lines,main, and riser had to be replaced. Obviously these doors were attatched to the boiler in the basement. The jobs Superintendent let me take them since the basement isnt gonna be used for anything. So now what lol??? Can anyone tell me anything about them? I have searched high and low and cant really find a single thing about the Spencer Type A boiler. I have found that spencer was bought out by burnham in i believe the 70s. Please help! Ideas about what i could do with them qould be great also!!! My idiot buddy that helped me carry them into my house said "these are like 150 pounds of scrap!" ....i dont think so lol

You have three choices:
1) keep them as a personal momento,
2) scrap them for scrap price, or
3) find some interior/commercial decorator who will resell them to a clueless yuppy/restaurant for big bucks.

I live outside Nashville and God knows we are being overrun by 24 year old yuppy/hipsters that are buying up every farmhouse window, tobacco barn plank, and any other "distressed" thing and making their one bedroom flats or 500000 homes "vintage" lol. Thanks for the ideas.

They are BIG, and HEAVY. They are 30 1/2"x20 1/2" and weigh at minimum 80 pounds each. Thats a cool idea about a liqour cabinet built around one of them.

Back