What's new
What's new

Standard Electrical Grinder 24FA - New Purchase

TravisR100

Cast Iron
Just won this at an auction. Curious to see how it is when I pick it up.

eb027824a8333f3274fad5345caeeff7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks similar to my Cincinnati...I had to have mine rewound and it was more than they quoted over the phone because of the size of the motor... Great machine but when you have to replace wheels it gets expensive...Ramsay 1:)

Can't tell from the picture what size your wheels are, but my big machine took 18" diameter x 3" wide face wheels.... got them from the "Wholesale Tool" catalog about 20 years ago. Seems as they were around $185 each back then.

I think my machine is 7½ horsepower....never have put a meter too it to see what it draws... It's an early 20th century item. It doesn't have any tags or plates on it, came from a railroad locomotive shop, wired 230 3 phase.

Don't use it often... mainly just start it to show those who exclaim "MAN, that is a big grinder, does it work?" :)

Can't tell from the picture what size your wheels are, but my big machine took 18" diameter x 3" wide face wheels.... got them from the "Wholesale Tool" catalog about 20 years ago. Seems as they were around $185 each back then.

I think my machine is 7½ horsepower....never have put a meter too it to see what it draws... It's an early 20th century item. It doesn't have any tags or plates on it, came from a railroad locomotive shop, wired 230 3 phase.

Don't use it often... mainly just start it to show those who exclaim "MAN, that is a big grinder, does it work?" :)

Post a pic.

Got mine home today. Takes 12x2 wheels and is 2 hp. For my home shop can’t imagine ever needing anything bigger.

Mine looks to be in great shape. The dust hoses need to be replaced as well as the dust bag. One wheel is serviceable at 11” but the other needs to be replaced. Not a lot of wheel options in that size. Bearings seem good. No noise at all spinning by hand. When I shut it off takes about 3 minutes for the wheels to coast to a stop.

I did notice the wheels are a bit pricey. Considering what I paid don’t mind putting some money into new wheels.

Couple more pics...

bc29731cd8a7f322a6999bf040a1759c.jpg

56e73fd443783ec544c79a0b96291112.jpg

93a6a2aca31c3ca5ccb5d438ebef187b.jpg

4353eeeeeba782cbc522a9a8446bc306.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks a suspiciously like Northern Tools in South Houston, like one exit from Monroe off 45. Pretty sure they won't be selling your grinding wheels. :D

Good eye. That is indeed Northern Tool in South Houston. I thought I had enough straps to secure the grinder in the truck but didn’t. So no wheels, but plenty of straps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back