What's new
What's new

Steinmeyer Microfix Micrometer Repair

c5h5nino

Aluminum
Good afternoon all,

A few months ago I purchased a Steinmeyer Microfix Micrometer from an auction. The micrometer appears to have been dropped and is missing the red plastic thimble sleeve. I contacted Long Island Indicator about repair/spare parts, but they had no information. Does anyone know where I could get the micrometer repaired? The picture shown below is not of the actual micrometer I purchased, but from the internet.

I posted this here due to the age of the micrometer...hopefully that is alright.

Image 5.jpg

Thanks,
Lewis

Hopefully you're still an active member and see my reply here, I'm curious if you ever found a solution. I've come across an entire set of these Steinmeyer Microfix Mic's that belonged to my Grandfather. they all have their original Wooden boxes, some original factory literature and calibration papers and standard gages. I've got from 0" all the way to 5" with some duplicates (maybe up to 6", id have to double check)

I can't find much about them online, but they seem like a beautiful and well made, and I'd love to get more information about them

Yes I did, the sleeve on my micrometer was not fully seated, so the gears were not meshing properly. Wow, that is quite the set! Please post pictures! Your Grandfather must have been quite the connoisseur.

Hello everyone,
I also purchased a steinmeyer microfix micrometer. I couldn't find how to calibrate it, do anyone know how to do it?
Thank you!

Back