What's new
What's new

Steptoe 16 BG shift handle needed or drawing

New old metal

Plastic
I have a Steptoe 16BG and its missing the 2 gear shift lever for the 4 speed gear box , along with some type of fork that connects to shift lever. if someone has a drawing of these parts or even the parts , please chime in , also intrested in auto downfeed , thanks in advance . I tried looking for a way tp put pictire but no luck , ots not thr western mpdle its the heavy of the two with large base

Thanks for the info, the machine was altered from its original state , the motor for driving the ram was replaced with a more mordern motor along with a multi speed gear box directly on output of motor .
I have not tried connecting and testing as yet but its not likely to have the same speeds as intended.

Thanks for the info, the machine was altered from its original state , the motor for driving the ram was replaced with a more mordern motor along with a multi speed gear box directly on output of motor .
I have not tried connecting and testing as yet but its not likely to have the same speeds as intended.

Would love to see some pix....Is your machine pressure lubricated or spot oiled? My 14" is pressure lubed.. Wish it had power feed on the tool head... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

The shaper is pressure feed , has the filter on the side , trying to figure how to place photo in message so no go . if someone knows how to place pic please let me know.

The shaper is pressure feed , has the filter on the side , trying to figure how to place photo in message so no go . if someone knows how to place pic please let me know.

The preferred model... No oiling worries as long as you have three to five # oil pressure you are fine....When you reply, go to "go advanced" the choose your photo where it is stored in your computer. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

This is my 14 inch. Why would anyone want to alter the transmission in such a way? Must be some broken gears or something. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Attachments

• motor and transmission.jpg
    motor and transmission.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 28
I happen to see your shaper on a google search , looks good , I will paint my shaper as well but first would like to see if it will run as is , after I clean and lube . I am wondering whats the chances of someone destroying one or more of those gears in the gear box . I am sure this thing is built like a tank and if they did manage to damage a gear will it effect the function of the unit , ant thoughts ??

I happen to see your shaper on a google search , looks good , I will paint my shaper as well but first would like to see if it will run as is , after I clean and lube . I am wondering whats the chances of someone destroying one or more of those gears in the gear box . I am sure this thing is built like a tank and if they did manage to damage a gear will it effect the function of the unit , ant thoughts ??

Probably the gears have been destroyed by lack of lubrication over the years.. The manual calls for sae 140 but at some point that was changed... I put lubriplate semi-fluid white grease in mine and it still escapes from open areas.. Been almost 20 years though and I still use my shaper off and on but not much....Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Anyone parting out a steptoe shaper , my shaper needs a few parts its a 16 self oiling unit I think from 41 or 46, looking for back gears and shift levers assembly for gear box.

Back