Stuck handwheel collet close - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    813
    Likes (Received)
    4754

    Default

    Since the lever closer is a Wade, I copied the parts diagram and instructions from a Wade 94 manual.

    Note the last sentence in the headstock instructions.

    Larry

    dsc02871-2-.jpg dsc02872-2-.jpg

  2. Likes Jim Christie, Frank R liked this post
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reddington, N.J., U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    738
    Likes (Received)
    471

    Default

    Yup, my apologies to all. All the poking, prodding and strap wrench use in the world didn't help, but releasing on setscrew did.
    Collet removed with no damage to any machine part.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie_obe View Post
    Guess you dumped the cabinet years ago to save a load of space?
    I never had the cabinet. A guy was parting it out along with some other lathe parts. He had given the cabinet and the motor to his buddy. I wanted the 3 jaw chuck with threadlock mount and the collets but ended up with everything except what he gave away. I have the turret tail stock, the rear mount cut-off slide, and the cross slide/compound. It's just sitting on my bench, I've never had it running.
    To be honest, I just like to look at it and every once in a while work the turret......
    snick--snick..........snick--snick...........snick--snick.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    27,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6364

    Default

    Well i'm glad *somebody* knew how to do this. Sure wasn't me. Good call, Larry.

  6. Likes michiganbuck, digger doug liked this post
  7. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vershire, Vermont
    Posts
    2,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1969
    Likes (Received)
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Well i'm glad *somebody* knew how to do this. Sure wasn't me. Good call, Larry.
    Yeah, great call, Larry!

    Quote Originally Posted by maynah View Post
    I never had the cabinet. A guy was parting it out along with some other lathe parts. He had given the cabinet and the motor to his buddy. I wanted the 3 jaw chuck with threadlock mount and the collets but ended up with everything except what he gave away. I have the turret tail stock, the rear mount cut-off slide, and the cross slide/compound. It's just sitting on my bench, I've never had it running.
    To be honest, I just like to look at it and every once in a while work the turret......
    snick--snick..........snick--snick...........snick--snick.
    Dang. Had a cabinet from a 94 a very few years ago I ended up selling on Craigslist for $25 to someone who was maybe thinking to put an Atlas on it. And just got back from a trip to Portland and Waldoboro.

    But....coulda, woulda, shoulda. Could also be the CL buyer hasn't ever done anything with it. I'd be happy to contact him if you're interested.

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reddington, N.J., U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    738
    Likes (Received)
    471

    Default

    Anyone snag the Wade swivel slide that was just up on Ebay?

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    643

    Default

    Thanks Neil but I'm in serious downsize mode. I hate to say it out loud but I even sold my Wade 8A.
    It went to a good home so that's some consolation.
    If you're over this way stop by sometime. I'm in Norway, about an hour east of N. Conway NH.

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vershire, Vermont
    Posts
    2,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1969
    Likes (Received)
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynah View Post
    Thanks Neil but I'm in serious downsize mode. I hate to say it out loud but I even sold my Wade 8A.
    It went to a good home so that's some consolation.
    If you're over this way stop by sometime. I'm in Norway, about an hour east of N. Conway NH.
    Yeah, selling your 8a is pretty serious. I'll stop by when I'm over that way again. And if you're ever near Vershire give a shout. It's a 1/2 hr from White River Junction, VT if the roads aren't under destruction. There's a whole herd of Wades to play with here.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •