What's new
What's new

Trade some Armstrong tool holders whose part #'s DO NOT start with "T"

Turnaround007

Plastic
Armstrong marked some of their early tool holders with numbers first, which indicate that the square cutting bit goes up hill into the work and do not work for me. Other Armstrong tool holder start with "T" and are what I need, which is that they have the square tool bit going parallel with the ground, into the work. I think maybe there are "CA" tool holders also which might be my needed style, and that is with the "bit parallel with the ground." Later in the tool holder part number is the physical size which is like "0" being 3/4" - 7/8" or so; "1" which are up around an inch; "2" which are around 1 1/2" and so forth. By my mistake, I have bought tool holders that are wrong for my use (they are the uphill bit type) and now I would like to trade them off to some folks that could use them, especially if those folks had the "T" or "CA" tool holders to trade. I use Number "T0", "T1", and "T2". PM with what you have and I will do an inventory of what I have.

They "uphill" holders are for hi speed steel while the straight ones (T) are made for brazed on carbide tools....You can use the straight ones for hi speed by grinding less end relief in the tool.. You can't use carbide in the ones designed for hi speed tools though as carbide cannot have enough end relief due to the brittleness of the carbide....

Back