What's new
What's new

Unknown Blower

shandit66

Aluminum
I went today to purchase a 5 hp motor. It turned out the seller had 2 tractor trailers full of stuff to sell.
Well...my (early) new years resolution it to only buy stuff I actually need....see how long that lasts...

So I said I still need a good sized blower for my dust extraction. I do a lot of large bowls on my lathe and power sand a lot. Which makes a hell of a mess"
"Ok, well this should work with that motor" he tells me, as he digs this out from under a tarp

IMG_1085.jpg
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1086.jpg
IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1088.jpg

Well that should do the job.

Had to take it apart ti get it into my trunk/

There's very few markings on it:
Sold by Professional Machinery, 155 King St E. Toronto - no longer around.

The markings are number 4 A, 4 B etc. Seems Like 4 is the model number. A, B, C is the part number.
He gave me a page from a General catalogue, model 1, but the sizes are completely different.
The General site has nothing similar. From the styling, I'm sure this is long out of production.

dimensions are

- Housing ID = 24"
- Inlets ID = 8"
- outlet ID = 11"

I'd love to find out more about the unit so I can hook it up.
- HP needs - he sold me the 5 hp, thought it might work, but never hooked it up.
- RPM's
- flow rate - so I can figure out how large a cyclone to build for it

(sorry, no idea why the images are upside down. Look ok on my Mac. Must be some sort of embedded info on the image)

Thanks
Olaf

I’m not sure it is any of these but N.R. Murphy is still around and Sheldon has been around even longer ,
N.R. Murphy Ltd. - Dust Collectors, Cyclones & Fans
Sheldons
You could see if it might be from Canadian Blower and Forge or Buffalo Forge
Canadian Blower & Forge, Co. Ltd. - History | VintageMachinery.org
This would seem to be the current version of the company .
Canadian Blower
It looks like it may have ball bearings so it would probably be too new to find in any of the old Canadian Machinery or other Magazines on archive.org.

Regards,
Jim

Back