What's new
What's new

Unneeded W&S Turret tooting

Froneck

Titanium
I had at one time quite a few turret lathes, Retired and all sold but in my collection of stuff I have some left over tooling, some might be for others than W&S. I know I have collet pads, W&S Face plate? Indexable tool post though if I recall not in the greatest shape, possibly a roller/turner or similar and Collet nose piece for I think #4 W&S. Anyone have any interest? I'll make photos if interested but don't want to waste time if there is none.

Unneeded W&S Turret tooting
I had at one time quite a few turret lathes, Retired and all sold but in my collection of stuff I have some left over tooling, some might be for others than W&S. I know I have collet pads, W&S Face plate? Indexable tool post though if I recall not in the greatest shape, possibly a roller/turner or similar and Collet nose piece for I think #4 W&S. Anyone have any interest? I'll make photos if interested but don't want to waste time if there is none.

Don't think i have a need for unneeded tooting.....

Im Interested. If you take pics will you also measure tang or bolt circle of the tooling

And a rootin tootin #4 will pay the rent before noon tommorow. Not many see value in them but they work for me.

Oops My stupid computer made a mistake, can't trust them computers:D Tooling!! I did a lot of work on turret lathes, bought them cheap! Left them set-up and could deliver before a CNC could be programed! I'll get some photos posted

Works well for me. I'm getting to the point where I hate using engine lathes. I haven't jumped off the deep end on Screw machines yet, but probably in the next yr or two.

OK! As I find the stuff I'll post photos, some of the items I put in a good place never to find it again except when looking for something else! Other items I keep tripping over and keep saying to myself get it on the forum so someone that can use it might save me from breaking my neck! If I had more room I'd have at least a #3

I'm always interested in tools I don't have, for a #3. One piece I've never found is the piece that bolts to the top of the head to accept the overhead support bar that attaches to a multiple tool turning head, for on a #3 lever head. If you happen to find one, let me know. I doubt I'll ever use the machine that way at this date, but it would satisfy my packrat OCD to have the one piece that I'm sure I don't have. :)

I'm always interested in tools I don't have, for a #3. One piece I've never found is the piece that bolts to the top of the head to accept the overhead support bar that attaches to a multiple tool turning head, for on a #3 lever head. If you happen to find one, let me know. I doubt I'll ever use the machine that way at this date, but it would satisfy my packrat OCD to have the one piece that I'm sure I don't have. :)
I have one, looks like it might fit a #3. It's big and heavy. Definitely will not fit a flat rate box. I'll make photos and measurements and post it tomorrow. Looked at the collet nose piece, quite large and probably not W&S, has a key to prevent the collet from turning. It's in the W&S #5 size, if interested let me know.
Looked for the face plate today, didn't find it! I do a good job putting it in a safe place!

Last edited:
More photos

Here is the W&S face plate, larger than I remembered probably was thinking of a threaded spindle drive plate I found with it. Large threaded spindle drive plate about 8" available too.
Diameter 15" Taper OD 5-1/2" Bolt circle 6-3/4" 11/16" Bolt holes. Measurement made with tape measure. Plate diameter 8-3/4" W&S M-1677
It's heavy, will not ship USPS has spot faced threaded holes in back for counter weights, 3 slots and 3 Tee slots. Few slight machined groves in the surface. Let me know if anyone is interested in it.

CIMG1912.jpgCIMG1914.jpgCIMG1913.jpg

Last edited:
More photos

Didn't find the part of the head stock for the support bar, just about all my turrets had them but I did find a multi tool holder for the turret but its a Gisholt. Let me know if anyone has interest. CIMG1905.jpgCIMG1906.jpgCIMG1908.jpg[CIMG1907.jpg

turret tool post

I found a turret tool post, Works good! Missing 6 of the 12 needed tool clamp screws and the plastic ball on the handle. Not W&S mounting type, has 4 holes rather that the 2 used by W&S. Any interest??

Back