What's new
What's new

Van Norman 1/2 Duplex Milling Machine for sale near Baltimore

Paolo_MD

Stainless
Serial Number 777, built sometime between 1911 and early 1912

The milling machine is located near Ellicott City, MD, in a garage.

For more details, see this thread.

The table was removed a few years ago when moving the machines to the new house and just when Jeff was going to tackle this restoration project, he landed a great deal on a VN No. 2 (already spoken for), but never wanted this to let go.

It is in reasonably good conditions, with a couple of blemishes on the table. There is no motor, but the motor mounting brackets are included.

Jeff's webpage

Included are a complete set of collets and three arbors (I believe 2x 7/8" and 1x 1").

$750

The buyer of the machine has the option of making an offer on the following items that, otherwise will be sold likely on eBay

Dividing head (missing original footstock, an adjustable import one is included)

Additional 1" arbor

Additional VN/Hardinge collets

Additional VN C tooling

VN C to B&S 7 adapters

B&S 7 tooling

VN C to B&S 5 adapter

Complete series of import collets

Complete series of import endmill holders

As mentioned, the tooling will be for sale only after the milling machine is sold and its buyer had the option of buying some or all the additional tooling as well.

Paolo

Not yet.
Interpreting Jeff's intentions, we would prefer giving the option to the buyer of the mill to give a reasonable offer, if interested.

Paolo

The milling machine has found a new home.

When I find some time, I will offer the remaining tooling on eBay and post here the links to the auctions.

Be patient.

Paolo

Back