What's new
What's new

Vintage benchtop drill?

EDISLE

Plastic
Does anyone know the specific use or origin of this horizontal benchtop/tabletop ratcheting drill?

Attachments

• DRILL.jpg
    DRILL.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DRILL 3.jpg
    DRILL 3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 156
  • DRILL 2.jpg
    DRILL 2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 154
Do you think different sized banding dies were put into the chuck?

I don't see a chuck? Width of banding is the only thing that changes, not much in your pics for scale to judge width. You can use narrow banding in a tensioner made for wide banding, but not wide banding in a tensioner made for narrow banding.

Are you sure you are using the right pictures?

Thank you dalmatiangirl for the id and rustyironism for the link. I mistook the feedwheel and locknut for a chuck. It is a banding tool and that's why I joined today to correctly identify tools that I did not know their purpose. Easy reggie_obe I am a shareholder in a antique mall and if it's one thing we enforce is dealers correctly identifying what something is they have for sale. Bought it at a flea market for $2 and it will now go to ebay instead of the antique mall.

... Bought it at a flea market for $2 and it will now go to ebay instead of the antique mall.

Suggestion to moderator:
Consider adding to sticky the following clarification: while there is nothing wrong with members asking for IDs and values on vintage items they have a personal interest in or that other members might be curious about, the forum is not here to provide an ID and pricing service for flea market flippers and internet resellers.

-Marty-

Thank you dalmatiangirl for the id and rustyironism for the link. I mistook the feedwheel and locknut for a chuck. It is a banding tool and that's why I joined today to correctly identify tools that I did not know their purpose. Easy reggie_obe I am a shareholder in a antique mall and if it's one thing we enforce is dealers correctly identifying what something is they have for sale. Bought it at a flea market for $2 and it will now go to ebay instead of the antique mall.

Under your name and occupation you put "Engineer"....so really you are just a flea market huckster ?

Back