What's new
What's new

Vintage German lever ratchet vice/vise ?

scottowner

Plastic
I have just acquired100_3781.jpg100_3779.jpg100_3781.jpg100_3779.jpg the vice/vise on the attached photos.Apart from a label in English "Made in Germany" there are no other markings.
I cannot work out how it is supposed to work,and think that there may be parts missing. Any help would be appreciated.

It looks all there to me. I have and use two similar lever locking vises. They are great for production. Just loosen the lever pivot bolt, move the jaw to almost where you need it, tighten pivot bolt, insert object to be machined, tighten the final gap with the lever. These vises make quick work of inserting and removing work.
Jim

Toolmakers engineers lever lock machine vice

It looks all there to me. I have and use two similar lever locking vises. They are great for production. Just loosen the lever pivot bolt, move the jaw to almost where you need it, tighten pivot bolt, insert object to be machined, tighten the final gap with the lever. These vises make quick work of inserting and removing work.
Jim

Thankyou for the information. There is nothing missing and it does as you said. Thanks again.

Back