What's new
What's new

Vintage Ross Carrier Clark Lift Truck

ForkliftMuseum

Plastic
Looking for an old lift truck... the Ross Carrier Forklift from 1947. My grandfather invented the lift truck for Ross Carrier, as well as many other patents. Upon my Uncle Jon’s recent passing, I decided, I wanted to honor his ideas and inventions with a museum in Benton Harbor, Michigan. I hope to get the original Ross Carrier Building, as its location. Any information on its history .. and in locating an original lift truck, would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Ivy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will need it in Michigan.. where did aland island come from? He invented it in Benton Harbor Michigan in 1947 @ Ross Carrier

All of the regulars should know this by know, new members who don't specify their location on their profile get the first on the list, Aland Islands. It is a flaw on the forum.

I’m not sure how to change where I live on my profile but I live in Michigan and I need it around Benton harbor

All of the regulars should know this by know, new members who don't specify their location on their profile get the first on the list, Aland Islands. It is a flaw on the forum.

"We" the regulars Know full well, it's NOT a flaw, it's called the"default setting".
And it ferrets out the slackers that are un-atten..."Hey is that a squirrel ?"...tive, or just plain lazy.

And "We" the regulars don't need your crap.

Sorry Forkliftmuseum, this is not directed specifically at you, we have been dealing with this Aland Islands BS for quite a while. They are off of Finland IIRC.

I think a new location should be added to the list, this new place would be called AA lazy-dumbassville. This would then show up on everyones page that cant be bothered to put in their real location. Maybe then they might be some incentive to update the location to reality?

I remember putting in my location so this is a flaw.. my location is very obvious in the post..

Welcome to the forum, pretty tough crowd around here some days. A lot of good info to be found here, looking forward to learning about your forklift.

Wow thanks .. really looking for the one that says Ross Carrier but it’s the same truck...I think.

Do you have photos of what you are looking for?
If it is the "same" as in the link Hit & Miss posted what are the differences? Different nameplate or?
I dont know how to repost the picture from his link otherwise I would have.

ForkLiftMuseum:

It was not clear from your post why you chose 1947 as the representative year for the early Ross Forklift Trucks. Ross was building these
trucks during WW2 and I will assume that your grandfather was working with the company during this time period. The company was later acquired by Clark.

During and after the war, Ross built three models of the Forklift Truck, IIRC. The models were the 15HT (14000lbs lifting capacity),
the 18HT (10,000lbs lift capacity) and the 19HT (6000lbs lift capacity). These lifts were based on a height of not more than 26 inches.
These rating were very conservation, I have seen the 15HT handle more than 16000lbs without any problems. They were of solid construction
and very simple to maintain. I saw my first Ross Forklift truck (15HT) in 1972 at a friend's shop in Tucson. It featured power steering
by "armstrong" and mechanical brakes, also by "armstrong". It had three speeds forward and three in reverse and would do seventeen miles
an hour, if you were brave enough to attempt it. Every time I visited my friend, I would drive the Ross. When he shut his business down
in the early 90's, I bought the Ross and moved it to my shop. My business partner named the old forklift Vlad (which is short for Vlad the impaler). At present, I am making some minor repairs, in anticipation of a busy summer loading machinery. My 15HT was shipped on
March 27, 1945, Serial Number: 4326.

Hendeyman

If you look in upper right hand corner of your posts, you will see it has Location: Aland Islands

Again, we need to see a pic of what you are looking for, as many old forklifts simply fall under the category of Old Dead Forklift, and go straight into the long iron pile. Does this forklift museum actually exist as a museum that is open to the public?

It is in the process but yes it will be open to the public. I am trying to figure out how to put a pic on here.. I want the one built by Ross Carrier

Back