What's new
What's new

vintage WEBO drill press identification

Squires56

Plastic
picked up a very old WEBCO drill press the other day, it is dual stamped with the WEBO name plate as well as the H W Petrie, Toronto name plate. according to vintage machinery Petrie was a manufacture in the late 1800 and early 1900 then became a dealer and stamped other machines with its own name plate to sell in Canada. I can not find a picture that even comes close to the press that I have. will try and post some pics of it hereIMG_0405.jpgIMG_0405.jpgIMG_0402.jpgIMG_0404.jpgIMG_0403.jpg

looking for any info on the press and possible age of same, it is a working press and I can take more pics of it if needed

thanks in advance
Les

sorry for the pic alignment, don't know why they turned sideways, I'm not a computer machinest...lol

Hi Les,

From what I have read, Webo was in Dusseldorf, Germany. A Google search (e.g. Webo machine tools) brings up many images of later model drills, including radial arm type. They look like very nice machines (the newer ones anyway). I even saw a Webo CNC lathe.

However, I didn't see any like yours.

Your machine is stamped "BEC" which I am pretty sure indicates Elliot, a well-known British machine tool builder. I think they may have sold other brands as well, as your drill suggests.

I have attached photos of an old Webo advertised for sale here in Auckland a few years back.

BTW, if you use the search function on this forum, there are several threads about Webo, but generally later model machines. Forum owner Milacron had one too.

webo 01.jpg webo 03.jpg webo 04.jpg

Back