Thread: Wade 8a #407

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bed primed. The head stock and gear box are done, just forgot to take a picture. Next time.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now I have a REAL problem. I was using the cabinet to store the parts while working then on my bench. Good thing there aren't many small parts in the cabinet. Bad thing is I loose my benches due to all the parts! I'll post a pic of them all together in a couple of days. I may have to break down and finally buy that nice rack I've wanted. But where to put it!?!?!?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is a beast to move around but the results are so satisfying! I still have some touch up but I'm getting closer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Redoing a lathe, when you take it pretty all apart pretty much takes up all your horizontal surfaces! Parts in process of being cleaned, parts cleaned, parts primed, parts with paint on drying, finished parts, etc...

All other work comes to a halt really. But at some point you turn the corner and put the first things back together and start to reclaim your bench space! Looking good Darren!

5. Likes Darren McCarley liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had to deal with my Grandmother passing away this past week. 99 years old and still drove herself around her small town in central Texas. She blessed me with her faith in Christ, relentless curiosity, and work ethic. So, while I could, I did what she would do. Give my anguish to Christ, figure out the next challenge, and get to work. Therefore, before heading to South Texas for her funeral, I was able to tear down the cabinet. I'm tempted to have it media blasted. The shear amount of surface area and hard to reach places make the task of manual/chemical paint removal/cleaning quite daunting. Obviously, I'll need to take care of the mount points for the bed. (She taught me smarter, not harder, too. )

7. Likes Giglio_A liked this post