What's new
What's new

Selson lathe

stevevision

Plastic
Good evening to all, I am in England and I purchased a Selson "rapid precision" lathe some years ago and I have not been able to find out anything about it, I was wondering if anybody might be able to help?
I was told by the previous owner that he believed it came to England with the US airforce during WW2 and was sold off at the end of the war. I am reasonabally certain in my own mind that it is of American manufacture but I have not been able to find out definitivly. Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

Hi Mike,
Thanks, I have seen this very good site and there is no similarity between the Volman and the Selson that I have. I suspect that the name may be just a coincidence. Your reply is much appreciated though.
Steve.

Steve,
In 1950 The Selson Machine Tool Co. were part of the George Cohen Sons & Co.Ltd 600 group.My information states * new machine tools * and does not give a manufacturing address.In that year the advert features milling,cutting off,screwing,dieing and radial drilling machines in addition to *lathes of all types*

Selson lathe circa 1924?

Hi everyone. I have a Selson Engineering metal lathe. Can anybody give me any info about it? I am willing to send pics via email.

Back