What's new
What's new

What is it?

WMCI

Plastic
Need some help know what we have here. We are in the process of moving our shop and found this press in the back corner, our shop is 80 yrs old so we've come across some interesting items but any help on make, model, value and best place to advertise to sell would be greatly appreciated. So far I have not been able to find any markings on it and the plate is smooth as a drum.

thumbnail_IMG_3777.jpg

Value often depends on condition as in how complete and original it is (this one doesn't look too bad based on the one photo) and where it is located as in how close to someone who wants one.

I paid $75 for one in 1981 Royersford Excelsior 21" from probably the 1920s. No motor.

I paid $300 for a Pratt & Whitney in 2017 P&W No. 3 circa 1875 about 20" No motor.

This one may be a Barnes or Snyder. The top brace usually has the name cast into the right side as you're standing in front of it.

$100 would be a "moving" price. Ask might be $150. Many see "old" and lose track of actual extant numbers remaining (there are a lot)

They've continued to be useful even to the present day. Self-feed a desirable capability. Set the drill in motion and walk away and do something else with one ear waiting for a change in sound.

Joe in NH

Back