What's new
What's new

What happened to the guy from Maine Who used to post photos of the old logging trucks

He was restoring an old engine, making patterns, casting the parts and machining them as well. I think he was a school teacher. I really enjoyed reading his posts. Is anyone in touch with him? can we get him to post again, he must have some updates by now.

He was restoring an old engine, making patterns, casting the parts and machining them as well. I think he was a school teacher. I really enjoyed reading his posts. Is anyone in touch with him? can we get him to post again, he must have some updates by now.

If things go right Mr Warren Jones of line boring fame and an couple of other assorted
Timber beast are planing on an trip up to Maine Forest and logging Museum Bradly Main on the 2 of October for their living history weekend and see him and the lombards and Eat real bean hole beans and enjoy the after effects.....
This will be after the CAMA show in Kent Ct
Course there is the other show in Ct and the open house at the New England wireless Muuseum... And the Boston water works.....
So many Shows so little time....

I am indeed alive and kicking. I didn't realize it had been so long since I provided an update.
I will start a thread with an update of the latest doings!

Best regards,

Terry

Wow! it has been awhile since I gave any updates on progress on the dump truck.

The good news is the old beast is running like clockwork. No issues or problems. We have put the cab make-over on hold. After fabricating the new doors we discovered that the cab is wracked so the door openings are not square. Paul said we should hitch a tow strap around a tree and give it a little tug. With my luck my foot would slip off the clutch and... well... lets just say it wouldn't be pretty.So that option is firmly out (LOL)

Doors.thumb.jpg.2daa1e3d154979b492d2f36a18f4b0de.jpg

Anyway. its running nice and a joy to demonstrate. "The Tuesday Crew" has become quite fond of it using it to help remove the remains of a rotted bridge.

We finished machining and installed the new radiator cap. One of my pre-engineering students at the Presque Isle Regional Career & Technical Center reverse engineered the cover using old photos and measurements of the opening. After modeling it in Solidworks we milled it out on our CNC milling machine. The University of Maine Advanced Manufacturing Center 3D printed the knob in stainless for us which was cool!

IMG_0153.jpg

Otherwise its all been good!

Back