What's new
What's new

Williams & Wilson lathe similar to Monarch 10EE

drom68

Cast Iron
I came across a lathe that is similar to the Monarch 10EE, but it is a Williams and Wilson lathe.

I have found the company as a Canadian company but can't find any additional information other than a few early 1900's lathe.

The lathe I came across is a little larger than a Monarch 10EE, but extremely similar design and features.

I'll try and grab a pic and post later.

To muddy the water further, I’ve seen a Williams and Wilson badged Monarch 10EE. From memory it was a 20” centers roughly 1950’s vintage.

L7

Edit- typed too slowly while above posted...

Spot on! That is the lathe. It appears to be a MK 1A version.

Any experience with one?

Nope, and the only PMer I knew with a CVA passed on several years ago. (Mark McGrath)

That said, Mark knew his machine tools and especially lathes, was exceedingly picky, but rated his CVA very highly.

I've only ever seen 1 CVA in a private home shop, ............they were so hideously expensive that most went Government ''institions'' who could afford them.

Nope, and the only PMer I knew with a CVA passed on several years ago. (Mark McGrath)

That said, Mark knew his machine tools and especially lathes, was exceedingly picky, but rated his CVA very highly.

I've only ever seen 1 CVA in a private home shop, ............they were so hideously expensive that most went Government ''institions'' who could afford them.

So one would be worthwhile to own, being in good shape and all....

Also, what would be a good price for these days?

Yup, if it's a goodun I'd go for it, ....as for price I haven't a clue, and personally speaking I usually work on what it's worth to ME.

Yup, if it's a goodun I'd go for it, ....as for price I haven't a clue, and personally speaking I usually work on what it's worth to ME.

Well.... The price isn't bad and I am working a deal to purchase. Hopefully in the next week or so I can post pics of it.

Back