What's new
What's new

Williams and Wilson Machinery Supplies 1919 Montreal Quebec

Jim Christie

Titanium
I had noticed the great pictures in this thread by Bill Todd
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/antique-machinery-history/schuchardt-schutte-238167/
and it prompted me to look up these links to photos of Williams & Wilson Machinery Supplies of Montreal, Quebec that I had seen a while ago .
I had intended to do some more research on the company since I know they were in business until I think about 1990 .
Musée McCord Museum - Interior, Williams & Wilson Inc. machinery suppliers, Montreal, QC, 1920
You can see the other photos in # 52 to 60 of this search
Musée McCord Museum - Results
So far I only found a couple of other links about the company .
One seems not to be working right now so I'll check and post it later if I can.
Williams and Wilson Machinery Supply, at A Necklace of Memorable Days
I”ll keep an eye out to see I can find some old adds to see what companies they represented .
I noticed that at that time the sold C.M.C woodworking machinery and McGregor Gourlay Lathes.
I also noticed a Rivett Grinder similar to but older than the one in Rock Crusher’s Thread http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/antique-machinery-history/rivett-grinders-238267/ .
I look forward to seeing anything you can add as well.
Regards,
Jim
P.S.
Here is Google Maps link to its location on Rue Inspector. just south and west of the entrance to the Former C.N.R now Via Rail Central Station and north of Rue Notre Dame

Rue Bonaventure, Montréal, Communauté-Urbaine-de-Montréal, Québec H3C 1H3 - Google Maps

Last edited:
Jim,
Have little to nothing to contribute other than that name rang a bell. This cast brass plate is on my ol' OD grinder. Grinder looks like crap, but had to refurb this cool looking plate:

Wmswlsn.jpg

Ray ,
Thanks for posting the photo of your nice plate.
That also would indicate that they sold Landis machines at some point in time as well .
Are you hoping to see the grinder look as nice as the plate some day ?
I did some more searching after making my first post and have found several bits of information .
I found this add for a Dominion Machinery Company Universal Grinder that looks a lot like the one in the first McCord link I posted .
Canadian machinery and metalworking
Musée McCord Museum - Interior, Williams & Wilson Inc. machinery suppliers, Montreal, QC, 1920
I will post some other links when I get a chance after I study them a little more .
Regards,
Jim

Jim,
Have little to nothing to contribute other than that name rang a bell. This cast brass plate is on my ol' OD grinder. Grinder looks like crap, but had to refurb this cool looking plate:

Wmswlsn.jpg

Ray -
How did you go about refurbing this plate? I have one of these old plates and would like to dress it up.

Thanks,
Lewis

Back