What's new
What's new

Hendey hard cover history book

Greg Johnson

Plastic
I have a hard cover book titled "Hendey 1870-1920". Privately published by Hendey in 1922. I will give this book to someone that will read it and keep it in their collection. Please no resellers need apply. It has water stains and the binding is loose but it is free other than postage. It has cuts of their factory, lathes, milling machines, shapers and planers along with information about the company.

The free online version, probably a digitized microfilm of the New York Public Library's copy:
The Hendey Machine Company, 1870-1920: A Brief Record of a Charted Course - Hendey Machine Company - Google Books

I noted in a brief look that pages 24 -26 are missing, so I suspect all those printed to order versions will be missing those pages. I think the microfilming was done in 1950 and the automatic page turner sometimes missed some pages. My Vanice family history of 1916 has one page missing in the microfilm version, so the digital versions and reprints that copied the microfilm also are missing that page. That is where the actual original book is worth having, if you really want to read it from cover to cover.

Larry

Back