What's new
What's new

WTB Havir Shape-rite original vise.

partsproduction

Titanium
Just finishing restoration but the original vise was toast. Gladly considering any and all offers for another original Havir Shape-rite vise in good condition or restorable.
This shaper will be in daily use so the vise must function well.
Thanks,
parts

Now I wish I'd have kept the old one as it would serve for dimensions to carve new parts out of ductile iron. I wonder if anyone reading who has one in NW oregon has one I could borrow to make plans and return?

You might have more luck if you post a photo of the vise you're looking for. Shape-Rite shapers are pretty rare, so a stray vise will be even rarer, and difficult to identify if it's separated from the machine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You might have more luck if you post a photo of the vise you're looking for. Shape-Rite shapers are pretty rare, so a stray vise will be even rarer, and difficult to identify if it's separated from the machine.

Here are a couple photos I found on the net. The Shape-Rite is an 8" shaper.2906-1d1e20f2de0228edaab17f9655439e24.jpg18207634248_8db7ac22f9_z.jpg

That second photo shows what I'd consider to be a difficult setup to cut internal keys in Dan. They have it set about 45 degrees, and the tool has an extra long wimpy ratio.

I have an 8 inch shaper with a vice. The vice is available but the shaper goes with it!

Back