What's new
What's new

WTB Wade 5WA Collets.

Stradbash

Cast Iron
Hello Folks,

I'm hoping to help out a friend who has a Wade lathe with a limited number of collets. I would love to find 1/8ths & 1/4s for him. If anyone has any spare ones, please let me know! He's been checking eBay for years and none have turned up.

Thanks Much!

Mark

Larry,

It's true for machines using Wade 8W collets, though there are minor key modifications necessary, too. My 8A toolmaker's lathe uses 5C collets, without a key.

Wade made a number of machines using collets of smaller capacity than 5C. #3 and #5 lathes and bench profilers, for instance. I'm not familiar with W5A collets, though.

If Stradbash could post some pix, it might be helpful.

neil

Is it true that 5C collets fit the Wade, only requiring a new draw bar with the 5C threads?

Larry

Wade No. 8 (8W) collets, with the exception of their length and threading, are the same dimensions as 5C collets and have the same 1" capacity. In addition to a new draw bar, the Wade spindle must be back-bored slightly, and sometimes the collet key pin needs to be moved. That's for an 8A lathe spindle... I'm not sure what's necessary on other Wade machines that use the No. 8 collets.

The OP is asking (I assume) about Wade No. 5 collets, which are 3/4" capacity. I do have a bunch of them available, new and used... send me a PM or email with the sizes you're interested in.

Andy

Thank You Sir, that's great news!

I will double check with the owner of the lathe and be in touch shortly with a list of specific sizes. I was thinking at best I'd find a few of what was in my original message. :)

Back