What's new
What's new

WTB Warner Swasey #3 Handle needed

Just giving a little bump... also not sure if the handle on a larger Warner Swasey is the same or not? The the shaft on my machine is 1 1/8 with a 5/16 key way . Thanks

You might (as in if the gods are all smiling on you) be lucky Hit Miss, but IME handles like that are usually the first things to get broken on M/C tools, so are rare (and often :eek: $$$$$) .................in your shoes I'd set about fabricating one up and call it good.

Just giving a little bump... also not sure if the handle on a larger Warner Swasey is the same or not? The the shaft on my machine is 1 1/8 with a 5/16 key way . Thanks

What Sami said. Not a likely "find".

Steel collar that size should be a stock item, motor and coupler goods.

Got Old Skewl Blacksmiths many parts of Pennsyltucky as can make and fit a decently shaped mild steel handle onto it. Little or no machining work would be required.

Or a simple fab job - flat bar, hub with keyed bore, handle to suit - same idea as here though I started with the commonly available forging and this shorty needed a "clutch"

(for my 36" Ohio shaper)

DCP_0637.JPGDcp_0639.jpgDcp_0640.jpg

That’s exactly what dad has been trying to do but I have stopped him twice... We have been neck deep in work building walls running electric and insulating before the cold weather sets in ... so many projects and things to accomplish in getting the shop finished. I show up one morning and dad is scrounging through the metal bin... what you looking for I ask ? Just some metal to make a handle for the turret lathe... No dad not now let’s spend our time getting other things accomplished I will find a handle somewhere online!! ... The next day I come in the shop ... dad is rummaging in the bin again... NO Dad!!! Well Maybe next time I come in the shop I won’t say anything. Dads are usually right!

... dad is rummaging in the bin again... NO Dad!!! Well Maybe next time I come in the shop I won’t say anything. Dads are usually right!

LOL! My one, vintage of 1910, having onct set some sort of world-record for concrete that exceeded 30 day test at 7 days and exceeded theoretical max at 30 days that got cars and even a helicopter out from USACE, Pittsburgh District, to find out HOW, Lock and Dam at Charleroi, PA (he was fiddling with incoming aggregate moisture sensing on a then bleeding-edge automated batch plant) would have had you a handle..

... made out of REINFORCED CONCRETE! Because he could.

:)

Take JO's approach. Scout you a 1 1/8" shaft Lovejoy, T.B. Woods, "QD", or Taperloc hub off ebay, hunt-up a dab hand with TiG, and soon done. That hub and joining takes nearly all the stress in the whole rig. All-else is white-bread simple. Leverage thing.

Back