What's new
What's new

YouTube Series Following the 1915 Machine Shop

rtwhiteside

Plastic
Howdy ladies and gentlemen,

Some of you might remember my plastic alias from my first thread on this subforum here: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/antique-machinery-and-history/what-do-1915-machine-shop-350008/

Well, I've always had the idea to document the journey in the form of a video series and I'm excited to announce that episodes are starting to come together! If watching a welder/woodworker (in other terms, a fish out of water) navigate the task of cleaning out and converting a fully stocked 1915 machine shop into a multi-use custom fabrication space sounds like your kind of programming, then i urge you to check out our new youtube channel titled The Machine Shop, link here: The Machine Shop
- YouTube

I have had an absolute blast meeting the incredibly knowledgable people, many of which I connected with because of this forum, that know about these all but derelict pieces of manufacturing history. Ive sold the 23' Pond "Time Saver" lathe, the 8ft G.A. Gray metal planer, the Bullard vertical boring mill, and few other unique and interesting pieces of machinery, all of which have a dedicated episode in the series where we explore the machine and get a bit of a lesson from the guys who bought them from me.

We are really excited about what this channel is going to allow us to share with the maker,craftsmen,artisan,machining communities and I think we've made some really relatable content that not just cave dwelling machinists will enjoy.

I would love feedback from you all as I am only just learning just how much I dont know when it comes to the world of precision machining but the journey has been as rewarding as ever.

Enjoy!

Cool! Yeah that piece is staying, not sure to what capacity we will be utilizing it but just the visual appeal of that machine and the whole wall of cutters is worth keeping it around for. Will look at incorporating it into future episodes!

Back