What's new
What's new

Camelback Move

Toolles

Hot Rolled
There is a camelback drill for sale in New York (Long Island it think). I live on the coast in Texas. I'd like to buy the camelback but it's the matter of 2000 miles that's the problem. I do have a son, in the Navy, stationed in Charelston SC. Anyone planning a trip from NY to Charleston soon? I may be able to get my son to drive part way up the coast to make the exchange onto his pickup truck. Then I'd have to figure out how to move it the 1200 miles from there to here.
toolles

Toolles, If it comes as far as Fort Smith I can store it until it can be collected. That about all I can offer right now considering the price of gas and my economic situation at this time.

Thank you.

James

Howdy

Hi James,
Thanks for the offer. Ya this gas thing sure gets in the way. I figure a road trip would cost $600 in gas from here, in addition to the time and motel costs. I'm still working on it though. The seller dropped the price. I bought a 21" Royersford that has broken and missing pieces. I figured this machine, which is apparently in working order, would be a better project. If I can pull this off I'll part out the one I have, since I haven't had any luck finding parts for it.
toolles

Update

Hi All,
I was able to get it worked out. I requested a bid on uShip and got a couple back. The trucking company will pick the drill press up in Baldwin, NY and deliver it to me in Sargent for $290. Not to bad. So I bought the drill press, accepted the shipping bid and if all goes well I should get the 21" Royersford in a week or so. I'll post pictures when I get it. Now all I have to do is tell my wife. Maybe
toolles

Back