State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Again...

Geez... moving target...

Now, I'm heading the opposite direction:

Leaving Iowa on April 4, heading to Lake Havasu, Arizona. Arriving around the 6th, returning around the 12th. I'll pull a company trailer if there's one to be had here.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Company trailer!

Okay, still on-

Departing eastern Iowa morning of the 4th (Saturday), heading for Lake Havasu, with overnights in the vicinity of Wichita and Tucumcari.

Returning approximately a week later over similar path.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dave off the road for a little bit.

Hey Everybody!

Just an update here- Ann (wife) had a little valve replacement, so my company is keeping off of road-duty, probably 'till late July or early August.

I WILL be available for unloading/transferring/storage at my home, so that means I'm still a viable resource, just not roving the byways.

Cheers!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up Next trip: September 'teenth: Iowa-Georgia-SC-IA

Hi All!

Okay, everything seems clear at the home-front now, Ann is doing great, and my boss has issued me my next assignment.

The timeframe will be on-about the 2nd week of September.

Route will be Iowa, to just-south-of Macon, Georgia, then to South Carolina, then back to Iowa.

This one won't be totally open to transport, as I'll be hauling a fair amount of company equipment and very time-sensitive movement. On the way down, I'll have an empty trailer, but leaving Iowa on Sunday morning, arriving in Georgia Sunday late-night. Monday morning I'll be pulling apart a scale, packing a bunch of stuff (and a big sign, and two posts) on my truck and trailer, then blasting up to Newberry, SC, where I'll be reinstalling it all... except for the sign cabinet and one signpost leg.

From there, I'll be motoring back home, and at a somewhat more leisurely pace. I'll be stopping for an overnight around Knoxville, Tn... aside from that, I'm fairly flexible in the northwesterly direction.

Take a look at what's out there, and let me know if there's something that needs a ride from SC to points northwesterly... the usual priorities apply!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK Dave! Actually im just posting so it wont look like you are talking to yourself all the time

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking SHHHHhhh!!

Don't interrupt me while I'm talking to me in my sleep...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Georgia/SC trip is on!

I'm all set to head to Pinehurst, Ga (just south of Macon) on Sunday, then to Newberry (by Columbia) SC Monday. Will be in Newberry for a few days, then heading back through Knoxville, then Cinci, then Indy, then home.

I don't have time between home and Newberry, so making a haul isn't possible there. After Newberry, I'll have time, but not much deviation and somewhat restricted deck-space on account of a company load onboard and a pickup I already have scheduled, but if there's small stuff in need of a ride to the northwest, or some relay point on the way, please call me! 563-343-3014

By the way- I'll be making a pickup in the northeast side of Indy... about a 5,000lb Cinci 2MI horizontal. If there's anyone in the area that can assist with appropriate machinery to lift it enough to get my trailer under... please let me know. Date isn't exactly certain, but it MIGHT be a Sunday.

DK :-)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Eastern Iowa to Whitehall Michigan and back...

VERY LIKELY that I'll be driving from the Davenport, Iowa area up to Whitehall, Michigan (Muskegon) area in another week-and-a-half or so.

Only things I know for sure... IF this happens... I'll be pulling company trailer with sign kit on the way up, and returning with same trailer and DIFFERENT sign kit on the way back. Doesn't leave a whole lotta space, but I've put a Cinci horizontal on the trailer with such a sign on-board...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKamp View Post
    Hi All!

Okay, everything seems clear at the home-front now, Ann is doing great, and my boss has issued me my next assignment.

The timeframe will be on-about the 2nd week of September.

Route will be Iowa, to just-south-of Macon, Georgia, then to South Carolina, then back to Iowa.

This one won't be totally open to transport, as I'll be hauling a fair amount of company equipment and very time-sensitive movement. On the way down, I'll have an empty trailer, but leaving Iowa on Sunday morning, arriving in Georgia Sunday late-night. Monday morning I'll be pulling apart a scale, packing a bunch of stuff (and a big sign, and two posts) on my truck and trailer, then blasting up to Newberry, SC, where I'll be reinstalling it all... except for the sign cabinet and one signpost leg.

From there, I'll be motoring back home, and at a somewhat more leisurely pace. I'll be stopping for an overnight around Knoxville, Tn... aside from that, I'm fairly flexible in the northwesterly direction.

Take a look at what's out there, and let me know if there's something that needs a ride from SC to points northwesterly... the usual priorities apply!
    You should have spray painted over the Cat head emblem on their old billboard when you took that scale out, as it makes drivers think there is still one there till they get onto the property and see the big hole you left...
    David from jax