What's new
What's new

Haulers' Group Official HELLO thread . . .

welder691

Plastic
Hello all! I figured I would introduce my self here. My name is Chris and I live in Clarington Ohio. I like old machinery, and old IH stuff has a special place in my heart lol. I just sold my 2 binder pickups. I will have more.

But I am currently a weldor, heading back to school for machine tooling next month, and all of the old machinery I like!!! Wish I could afford it all lol. Anyway, if anyone needs a hand loading or transporting or anything let me know. I would love to help!!

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard. Piece of advice though, go back and edit your topic title to something more descriptive like the first sentence in your post. The administrators do not like non-descriptive titles and probably will lock this one.

Tom

Let's make it official . . .

Chris,

No need to edit -- I did it for you. Introducing one's self to the group is a fairly normal function in a group. Any new or not-so-new member that wants to post a self introduction is welcome. If you want to carry on a discussion of anything related to group functions (e.g.: starting a haul) than start a new thread with a good descriptive title.

Tom,

I do not have you on the list of members. If you (or anyone else) want to join, please send me a private message with the following info:

o first name or nick-name (optional -- you can stick with your PM forum username if you want)

o say you choose to be a hauler and your weight limit, OR that you can act as a transferrer, otherwise you can choose being a supporter (if you do not choose, you will be a supporter; this may be changed at any time)

o your ZIP code (this is the only mandatory information and will locate you on our map without revealing your exact location)

If you post the above info here in our "HELLO" thread, I will also add you to the list & map. (Everyone please keep me honest if I mess up.)

Then we can welcome you to the group,

Archie

Last edited:
Signing up from Adamstown Maryland

Chris,

... to join, please send me a private message with the following info:

o first name or nick-name (optional -- you can stick with your PM forum username if you want)

o say you choose to be a hauler and your weight limit, OR that you can act as a transferrer, otherwise you can choose being a supporter...

Archie​

Archie, it looks like you're discouraged by low participation but in my case at least that's a function of not naving seen anything in range. I have an F350 with an equipment trailer that can comfortably (and legally) haul about three tons. I do work full time (and then some) but could potentially haul or transfer anywhere I can get to and back in a day. I have a forklift at the home shop but no place to store anything substantial indoors.

-Steve M.​

They also serve, who only stand and wait . . . . . .

Steve,

Sorry that there was nothing for you to do in the past, but there are more members from MD than any other state, so we tend to have more haulers than loads. I traded off my F-350, so I will be certain to call upon you should a need arise.

Archie

P.S.: I am very encouraged by the current poll and our plans for a "lean, mean" haulers' group.

Activity . . .

Welcome to Tim (akadiesel) who is joining the group from Charleston, WV. He is the first new member in a year -- maybe starting a new trend ? ? ?

Archie

P.S.: How about those of you members reading this posting a welcome to Tim so we can see if anyone is paying attention in this sleepy group?

Thanks! Strangely, I met Archie thru "fleabay" just days after first finding out about the Haulers group. As Archie already knows, I will soon be heading south to Tampa area to pick up a South Bend 9 pedestal and other parts. So if anything needs a ride either way or if you are coming north out of Fla with extra room and want help with fuel cost, let me know. Even tho that isn't the fundamental idea behind the group, every piece of old equipment that gets moved easier and cheaper adds up. I will start a new thread when details are a little better known. Thanks again!

Back