What's new
What's new

Help needed south of Pittsburgh

cretedog

Hot Rolled
I have a standard size camelback drill sitting in Bethel Park that needs help getting to a freight terminal (or to Minnesota or North Dakota;)). Would there be anyone in the vicinity able to help out?

John

John,

I assume Bethel Park, PA . . . Is time critical? Can you get an accurate weight? (A pic and accurate information about make & model posted here might help us at least estimate the weight.)

I have a 20" Buffalo Forge that might be considered a "standard size" but I also have a 10" Pacific Machine tool bench-top camel-back that I could haul in the trunk of a car -- as usual, you will get help faster if you post pictures and more detailed information.

Also, does the drill press need to be palletized? If it bolts together mid-column like my Buffalo Forge, that might allow use of a "standard" pallet and keep costs down. I find that shipping items freight is probably the most efficient these days with the high cost of fuel, but the item must be palletized and in order to keep costs down, ship it from freight terminal to freight terminal and avoid pick-up & delivery charges.

Anyway, I am 200 miles away, so I will wait and see if someone else closer is available to help.

Archie

Thanks for the reply Archie.

Drill looks to be about a 20". My guesstimate on the weight would be about 1000lbs + / -. 4' x 4' x 7 'high.

Have been working with the seller on getting it palletized.

Back