What's new
What's new

Machinery pickup and store in Berne, IN

NewTown

Plastic
I just bought 2 old Oliver machines from an auction in Berne and would like to find someone to pick them up some time next week (Oct 18-20) and store them for me until the 24th or 25th. Yesterday morning they changed the last removal date to the 20th from the 22nd

I was given a quote by a rigger today that was downright scary (more than double what I paid for the 2 machines). If someone would be able to pick these up for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll happily pay for any/all transportation costs.

Matt

Last edited:
Info??

Im not in the area but for the guys that are- how big are these items and what do they weigh and pictures of them and is there any help and or any lifting equipment at all where they are at for loading??

Here are some photos and as much information as I have.

The first is a '40s vintage mortiser. It weighs about 400-450lbs and is just under 6ft tall.

Oliver%20194.JPG

The second is a 24" Oliver planer from '46. It weighs 2000lbs and has a rough footprint of 5' x 4' x 5' tall.

oliver%20299.JPG

I just got off the phone with the auction company and a rigger. There will be a rigger on site Monday thru Wednesday next week and for $150 will load on a truck. I'll happily cover the loading fee if someone can pick these up for me.

As I find out more information, I'll be sure to post it.

Last edited:

Back