What's new
What's new

Manchester NJ to Northern NE, preferably Burlington VT, Elgin lathe base, 600 lbs ?

StarkFan

Aluminum
Hi folks,

Anyone running up the North East corridor in the next month or two with some extra space ?

I'm trying save an old (40's or 50's) Elgin lathe base (with motor, Reaves kit, switches, collet rack, etc.), minus the actual lathe. It's in Manchester, NJ and I think it will be about 500 to 600 lb. Dimensions are roughly 49" at the chip pan, roughly 31" tall and I believe it's just less than 24" wide at the chip pan. Should be a very stable load and easy to handle (aside from the weight) and care for. So far I think I might be able to arrange for it to be on a pallet, probably residential pickup, so I assume needing a lift gate or some such. I live in Burlington VT and am wondering if anyone might be available to get it closer to me than it is now, at some point in the next month or two. I'm in no rush to get it home, but the current owner would like to not have to sit on it for too long. The current owner is a PM member and has been very helpful, and like me, doesn't want to see it scrapped. I'm happy to help with expenses.

Best,
Geoff

Back