What's new
What's new

OLD Antique Machinery Haulers' Group Membership Signup . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie Cheda

Stainless
This is an archived thread and is no longer used for membership signup.

The purpose of this thread is to officially collect the names of those who would like to be members of the Antique Machinery Haulers' Group. This thread will be limited to this purpose and posts that are off this topic will be removed.
PURPOSE OF THE ANTIQUE MACHINERY HAULERS' GROUP

Assist members of the Practical Machinist forum to save old machine tools from being scrapped by providing a database of hauler information & organizing relay hauling efforts.
All you need to do is state a sincere desire to help in this group's work. Any PM member may join and non-haulers are equally welcome. Even if you do not know exactly what you can do, but are interested in helping old machinery avoid being scrapped, please join and help our elections represent a wider range of viewpoints. There are no dues or fees and all participation is voluntary. A member may ask to be removed from membership at any time, as one person already has.

Following your post, the Secretary/Treasurer will contact you with more information.

This thread is for membership sign-up only and other posts will be removed. Please feel to post in any of our public threads if you have information that is relevent to their topics.

Last edited:
Charter members . . .

The following 35 charter members joined the group during the period leading up to the approval of our bylaws and election of our officers (in order of sign-up):

Archie Cheda (Secretary/Treasurer)
JimB
Hephaestus72 (President)
Marshall Henderson
jimboggs
james robert
tiptop
handsome devil
johnoder
Greg Menke
DaveKamp
anteekfreek
JunkyardJ
77ironhead
Rick Rowlands
AeroncaChamp
inwoodcutter
reggie_obe (Vice-President)
AlexBanich
Eric LaVelle
Jeff_G
Ferrous Antiquos
Fasto
1oldgoaly
wippin' boy
Tin Lynn
machine1medic
W. Johnson
JacobS
Alchymist
todd goff
Chris M
Andy FitzGibbon
FirstEliminator

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign me up I have a one ton van with a heavy hitch (no trailer) some storage
some rigging equipment and capabilities. I'm about one hour North of Tampa FL
And would love to help out. Bob Morris

Antique Machinery Haulers' Group Map . . .

Here is a map of the approximate locations of the members of the haulers' group. It is automatically updated as new members are added, so it will change as new members join or members move on to other interests.

These are ZIP-code based locations to give people privacy, so if you zoom in, do not wonder why someone is living in the middle of a lake or in top of a mountain . This map is based on Google maps and is all free for non-commercial uses.

http://acheda.fileave.com/AMHG/PUBLICMAP.html

Note there areas where we could use more haulers and transferrers. Supporters are welcome no matter where you live.

West Coast Help

If there is any need for assistance in the San Francisco Bay Area we have a 26,000+GVW truck and a 8,000 fork lift, if that is any help. Can help on weekends with notice. Also have rigging equipment.
Bob

Can possibly help in the lancaster area. Only a dodge 1500 pickup and small trailer(3k lb 6x10). May be limited in what i can do. Storage facilities right now are nil but could possibly leave outside wrapped in a tarp or 2.

Sean

Count me in, in concept, my schedule is up and down

Sounds like a great idea. Sometimes I can get the use of a 12,000 trailer. Theres a rental dealer close to me that rents a 6,000 lb off road lift truck for 85$ for 2 hrs.
I have 2 engine hoists and 2 pallet jacks, lots of chains tie down stuff wood blocks and timbers.
I'm really conservative safety wise . I usually take a lot longer to load and tie down than anyone else, because I want to do it right.

I've see a lot of machinery moving and lifting that is really scary to me always because of people taking shortcuts , trying to save time, or as often came out without enough tools and rigging materials.

David Lawrence

antique haulers group

don't know if i am too late to sign up but, i would like to add my name.i can assist in a bit of storage, and help with 2 hands.i own a small compact tractor with bucket (800lbs. cap.)and have a hydraulic lift table (1750 lbs. cap. ) my back is not as strong as it once was but still works on occasion. how do i proceed from here?? hope it is not too soon to request help. i am trying to rescue a small h-frame press from grand rapids area towards central new york area.i live near cortland new york. thanks, thomas

I'm available for the occasional storage and transfer of equipment in the Hancock county Ohio area, not much hauling capacity, but I can store items under cover when needed.

Aaron

Sign me up

I am in Central California in Madera.

At this time I have a F250 that can pull well.

I can proovide hands and labor to help and assist in towing a trailer through to the next puller.

I work for food as long as the fuel is replaced.

Willing to adopt orphan senior steel.

I'll help when I can. I have some tie downs, a come-a-long, a chain hoist, etc. A small (6 X 8) but heavy duty trailer (4,000 lb) and a Dakota PU.

I worked as a millwright and spent 4 years in the Navy so I can bring some experience in rigging.

Summer is best when I'm not in class.

Fifty members in the group ! ! !

Dr Stan brings the haulers' group to fifty members!

There is still plenty of room for more members. Fuel costs are down, as are scrap prices, so perhaps our dollars will go farther. The economy is uncertain, but we can still haul old iron.

In addition to haulers, we can use people that can host transfer sites, help look for machines that are available, and help with the organizational stuff. If you are interested in facilitating getting old machine tools into safe homes, please join us. There are no dues and no requirements -- if you can only help occasionally, please feel free to join.

P.S.: Some members are not on the map because I do not have your ZIP code.

sign me up.

I live in the st louis area.My dad started a shop using the old over head belt driven equipment so I kinda got a soft spot for the old stuff. I have a 16,000 capacity gooseneck and one ton dually deisel that pulls extremly well. Don't have any inside storage but have room to transfer from one trailer to another.I also have overhead cranes to move from one truck to another.My zip is 63630.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back