What's new
What's new

New Old Hendey 14x6 conehead

akadiesel

Aluminum
$T2eC16hHJGEFFmtgllTSBR0IrR189!~~60_57.jpg

I just acquired a New Old Hendey tiebar 14x6 (serial 13683) to keep "Slo Hendey" (serial 33829) company. And, Of course, because Patrick Black's Rock Moss Green tiebar inspired me so much! As have other's like JerryR's. Too many to list all!! Searching through PM tells me it was made between 1908 and 1917, but hopefully Hendeyman will come along and narrow it down and give info available on both lathes. She's in pretty good shape for her age, but will be restored to the best of my ability, using all the info posted here. I may need to be pointed in the right direction at times as there is so much to search through. Got to go, I hear her calling!

The Old Girl shed a few pounds, but that's prob normal during a move to a new home? She may think she's going to live on the trailer outdoors, but no way! Will strip her on down, do a little body work, and decide what color to dress her up in. And take care of the aging she suffered along the "ways".

Attachments

• DSC07874.jpg
    DSC07874.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC07875.jpg
    DSC07875.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC07878.jpg
    DSC07878.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 156
akadiesel:

Very little information has remained in the files, here is what I could find. Hendey lathe #13683, a 14 x6 Cone Head model, was built during the last week of July 1912. It was shipped with an Oil Pan
and a Compound Rest. The original owner was Strong, Carlisle and Hammons, Detroit, Michigan. At a later date it was owned by Verwys (spelling is in question) and Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Patterns and Repair Parts are no long in inventory, but all of the original drawings are still in the files, so parts can be made. Use the 1904 Parts Book to identify worn or missing parts, it is offered as
a free download at the beginning of this Forum. If you will send me your FAX number, I will send you material from the 1912 Hendey Lathe Catalog that pertains to your lathe.

Hendeyman

Back