What's new
What's new

10EE drive retrofit packages

old_dave

Stainless
I just saw that Monarch has additional information at their website about their 7.5 and 10 H.P. VFD retrofit packages. Click on "Spindle Rebuilding", and scroll down. The 7.5 h.p. package is quite a bit more than the 10 h.p., presumably due in part to having the gear reduction box. Thought people might be interested though these are not a practical option for the HSM's among us.

http://www.lucasprecision.com/monarch/

Monarch's drawing number 204506, which is included in the manual for many machines including my '56 WiaD, contains the specs for machining the shaft of an ac motor so as to properly mate with the back gear unit.

Curious as Monarch's ac drive wouldn't be introduced for another three decades (give or take) after my WiaD was made.

The back gear's input shaft is in fact the motor's output shaft, and the back gear's input assembly is completely supported by the motor's output bearing, so an inventive experimenter could most likely make an adapter plate himself, given the above information.

This is exactly what I am doing. I am machining a 1/2 inch thick steel plate and also making an adapter for the motor. The most important thing is providing a seal so the oil splash will stay contained within the backgear unit. Well worth the time to fabricate.

Jeff

Hi peterh5322!
Could you please post a picture or e-mail me the drawing to modify an A.C. motor shaft that was mentioned in your post?
Thanks, Kevin.

Back