What's new
What's new

Leadscrew information's FP-2

palleth

Plastic
Hi you all,

I bought an FP-2 a few months ago, for my home workshop, but it’s missing leadscrew and nut from the working table (x – axis).
If anybody should have an old replaced leadscrew and nut, I’m interested in information’s
about them , I’ll be very happy if someone could make a hand drawing whit measures,
Then I’ll be able to make one at my own.

Thanks,
Palle

Palle, - there were 5 different FP2 leadscrews in the inch system alone. The FP2 came in 3 different x-axis travels. (~= 450mm, 500mm, 400mm)
This is one item where the whole 14 didgit IBM code is needed for the correct replacement.
(XXXX.XX.XXX XXX.XX)
I cannot help you but for anyone with a machine to give you dimensions, you have to start by stating the travel of your machine.
Cheers, Arno

My Deckel FP-2 travel’s 400mm/15¾" (worktable longitudinal travel).
The machine are from between 1962-1968, the type where dials are just indicators that revolve when you turn two other hand wheels.
I can email a photo if someone is interested.
Palle

Palle,

Maybe I can help you. I have a 1968 FP-2 400mm x-axis travel / mm dial. I have a new leadscrew (included when I bought the machine). If you are interested it will be available when I have replaced the old one. The axial play (on the dial) is 0,5 mm. Fairly normal for a used machine I think. The leadscrew is located in Stockholm, Sweden.

Bjorn

Bjorn,

That sounds just great to me, please email me so we can arrange something.
Like when you will replace the leadscrew (what about the nut)?

Palle

Palle,

The nut is included. Leadscrew and nut are always sold as a set. I don't think that the screw is worn as the play is uniform over the entire x-axis travel. It should be possible to make a new nut if you don't think the play is acceptable. Not easy to email you without an email address.

Bjorn

Bjorn,

You can just click at the envelope, placed at the top line in my reply,
then you go strait to my email.

Palle

Back