What's new
What's new

Sodick Linear Machines?

btomlinson

Plastic
Anyone have experience with any of the new Sodick linear machines? Are there any Pro's or Con's to these machines? Im thinking of purchasing one of there smaller models and I wonder how the stack up against the standard ball screw machines with durability and performance?

Brian

we were looking at sodick and almost went that route...I found that they werent as popular a machine as Charmiles and Mitubishis... and thought that that may be saying something...but they espoused about how good their linear ways travels were and that others didnt have them...some of the other salesmen said that the linears were any good...but low and behold we find that they are slowly changing over to linear as well...says something about their value......we went with Mit because of a demo deal we got offered......good luck...bob

I don't know what the step resolution is on the linear (wire) machines, but my Vertex (Agie) is 5 millionths with the ball screws.. does incredible work...

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

This has a .005 hex on one end, .010 on the other.

TMD

We just got a new Sodick Die Sinker.The rsolution on that machine is .00001. I am very new too running an EDM (about two weeks now)so, I can't really comment on how good this machine is compared to any other. And you were asking about a wire machine anyway.

Back