What's new
What's new

Hitachi H-cut 304 (1982) model HELP!!!!

jack straw

Plastic
I need someone out there that can help me.
I am new at this process. I am cutting metal
but have no idea if i am right. MY need
is proper settings, rules of thumb, calculations
charts ,, etc... I just need to get dialed in.
example:
tool steel A2 1" thick (hardened) useing .01 bronco wire
caps @ 2.5
current@9
sensativity @5
OT @ 3.5
Freq @14
wir feed @6 and program feed @ .05"
How far off am I?
Thanks dennis

Wecome to the wonderful world of edm!
Hopefully you will get a reply from someone with your machine and specific info. You may not, due to the vintage of the machine and the fact that they did not sell that many to begin with. Also, I believe the manufacturer no longer sells or support's them. In rough cutting that machine probably cuts 4 square inches an hour under ideal conditions. This means 4 inches linear per hour in one inch thick work. The 1990 era machine I run cuts about 15 square inches per hour. Some newer machines cut 35 square or more! Each machine uses different terminology and notch settings, so the best I could do is give you some general guidlines and recomendations. If no one else posts, I'll give it a try.
Good luck!

Roy Solomon

Jack,

I am not a wire expert, but I will give you my logical expalantion of how I ouwld approach this and why I would do, what I do.

First, if I had no setting data, I would turn off the caps. They are usually used for hardened or difficult to cut metals.

I would make the off time 4X of the on time as a jumping off point.

I would make the wire feed something fast to prevent breakage initally.

Sensititiy half the max, as these settings I have mentioned above would be highly conservative.

Current would be half the max as well and may adjusted as you get going depending on the need for roughing or finishing.

Program feed can be low too, 1/3 - 1/4 max speed.

next, you will need a scrap piece to test on. You will want to lower the off time and slow the wire feed as much as possible to prevent wire breakage. This will save on the cost of wire and improve cutting speed. You will also need to adjust the sensitiveity up and the feedrate us as well.

After a sucessful run, no wire breakage, you will need to measure the curf, to see how much overcut you got with the settings. You may need some capacitence but I would start with zero initally.

I hope this logic helps. There is not real solution unless someone has a manual you can get a hold of. I would try contacting hitachi direct to see if you can get a copy as it will save time and effort on your end.

Later,

Todd

Back