What's new
What's new

tellurium

Sparks

Plastic
hi, i've been using tellurium for the last week on some parts i normally burn with plain copper, i was told tellurium was better suited for burning wit and for machining, problem is that i'm getting fairly big frontal wear, this was not a problem before, i'm running it on an agie inovation, can anybody tell me how many tellurium electrodes they would use with an average burn? also i've heard that tellurium can be heat treated! is that true? does it make any difference for burning? thanx..

I have used tellurium COPPER for electrodes, if that's what you mean. The content of tellurium being about 1%. This makes machining the copper much easier and does not affect the wear characteristics of the copper, at least in the Charmilles EDM I have. The wear is still less than 1% burning copper to steel. I don't believe hardening it, if it is possible, would make any difference.

t2r

I do not think the tellurium added should affect electrode wear . One thing I have learned about copper electrodes: Too much flushing pressure/flow will greatly increase electrode breakdown...

Back