What's new
What's new

Esprit

Your looking at $8000 to $10000 to get set up new with Esprit. I have never heard of anyone selling there setup. Ask D.P. Tech, 1-800-627-8479. dptechnolgy.com

Bill

I think a new seat is about $5,000, but has been 3 years since I bought mine. I just paid $1000 for an upgrade , but am in a catch 22. Even though I purchased the upgrade and am entitled to the new 2006 they won't send it to me. They also won't allow me to use the new upgrade (2005)(only for 30 days) as I have to get on board with the new level before I can send back the old dongle. No sending back the old dongle, no new Esprit even though I paid for it. Big ripoff in my opinion.

TMD

We went to Esprit in 2003, bought into the platinum package and service aggrement. Have not had a hitch getting the updates, just installed 2006 Monday, it arrived in the mail without haveing to get after them. But like TMD said, you need to be "on board" with them. It was a little over $8000 for our initial purchess.

Bill

Dump-'em and switch to Peps. Esprit is in so deep with Sodick and Mits that it seems they don't care about supporting the rest of us anyway.

TMD,
Don't understand why you have to exchange dongles....
I was told that to upgrade my Ver. 10.0 to the current release I only need to load the new software and password. They said I'd continue with the old dongle.

IMHO, $1200/yr maint. is robbery. And they wonder why people use crakz.

Esprit is a good software if you are running Charmilles as they are working hand in hand getting post prosessors to work efficiently.
I got this from one of the trainers from Charmilles when he was at my shop a couple of weeks ago.

Mike... what Charmilles machine/machines do you have? What version of esprit? I just started with a company that didn't keep up there service contract with esprit and the guy before me never got the posts tweeked right. I sure would appreciate a copy of the processor for 330F/230 and for a 6030. I prefer a post that will produce I's and J's for the 330F/230 if you have it.

Jay,
I am currently working on tweeking my posts for mastercam X, However if you contact Mark Payne from Charmilles, He is a training group leader. He is also the one who runs the class for Esprit.
His number is 847 913 5344
email [email protected]
I know they have good posts for 290,310,and 390's that is currently what I am running.

Sparky,
I run 3 Mits FA20P, FX20 & SX10, Esprit works just fine.

Bill

PS. I have never tryed Peps, though I would like to see it. We used Smart Cam untill they disapeared, then we tryed Gibbs Wire, that is a cruel joke by Gibbs and will cost you a couple grand to find out. I played around with Master Cam 9, but not enough to get to know it. Then we went to Esprit in 2003, no complaints.

[ 07-14-2006, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: BillDe ]

Back