Floating reamers

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 7,505
D

D. Thomas

reamers1.jpg

spaceace .If you are serious the blade floats in the holder.So if the holder is off a bit or whatever the reamer will follow the hole.They work quite good.

Just came across this topic. I fancy that the DB in the model number stands for David Brown of gear box and Aston martin fame. These adjustable floating reamers were made by the David Brown company in the UK and are know over here as David Brown reamers. I have a few and they are good for reaming a number of holes to exactly the same size once you have got them set. They are useful when you want to ream a thou or two over or under a nominal size. Can be used on marine parts too!!!

I have a set of these and I think mine say David Brown. Wonderful item to pick up at auction as they are ungodly expensive new but sell for a pittance at (USA anyway) auctions as most folks don't know what to make of them.

got them brand new for about £2.50 each
You might want to clarify that for folks not realizing that must have been an auction or surplus situation, so they don't fantasize about ordering some at such prices.

Back