What's new
What's new

Aussie Iron

timbarra15

Plastic
G'day All
These photos are of a mill that i purchased at auction a few years ago and intended to restore but have decided to dipose of it and get a better one (one day). The reason for this post is to show an interesting modification that has been done to it sometime in the past. It has a car four speed gear box attached (note brass gear knob). The motor is V belted to the output shaft of the box which in turn is supported on its ends with ball bearings enclosed in end caps. The input shaft is V belted to the main drive to give 4 speeds plus the mill has a back gear. This particular mill has been in my area(Gippsland) for a long time as i have traced it back to 30 years or more. It has a vertical head that has seen better days and there was a Cincinnatti dividing head, tailstock and gear train which i will keep.
I sumitted this post thinking that i could attach the photos but this is not the case. I don't have a web page so can't insert the link, so could someone please help to get the photos on.

Ken

[This message has been edited by timbarra15 (edited 04-18-2004).]

Hello fellow aussie
smile.gif

You can try and post your photos to the metalwork dropbox here

http://www.metalworking.com/

Back